Welcome to Saint Mary Magdalene Infant and Child Pre-Baptism program!
For infants and children up to 6 years of age
Classes fill up quickly, to insure your spot, please return registration form and fee to office as soon as possible.
Contact Margaret Miller for More Information
(951) 277-1801 ext 408
BAPTISM REGISTRATION INFORMATION
PLEASE read and complete our packet for Baptism Preparation, and after completion of the checklist, submit the packet and required letters to the Catechetical Ministry Office. Your Baptism date and time will be confirmed after your completed packet has been submitted.
Baptism by IMMERSION
Your child will wear a simple garment (Onesie or shorts/t-shirt), that parents provide and be submerged in the water during the Baptism. After Baptism, you will dress your child in the WHITE Baptism garment, dress or suit.
Baptism preparation is two classes – parents are required to attend BOTH classes.
Our classes are from 6:30—8:30PM. Please plan for your babysitting needs.
Godparent Guidelines for Infant/Child Baptism Celebration
Selecting Godparents is an important decision. You are not simply honoring friends or relatives with a title whose responsibilities end at the conclusion of the baptism ceremony. You are asking them to enter a privileged faith relationship with your child.
A Godparent should:
- Be chosen by the parents or guardians.
- Be at least 16 years of age.
- Be a practicing Catholic, who is fully initiated in the Catholic Church through the sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation and Eucharist.
- Not be the mother or father of the child to be baptized.
- Be an example of Christian living, witnessing to a life based on the values of Christ.
- The role of Godparent is an important one. If you are having any difficulty selecting a Godparent, please let us know so we can assist you with this decision.
Godparents are required to attend Pre-Baptism/Godparent classes. Godparents are encouraged to attend all of the classes with parents at St. Mary Magdalene.
Godparents may participate in Pre-Baptism/Godparent classes at their own parish, and present a letter of completion to the Parish Office before the baptism date is scheduled.